- fi: Tällä sivulla keskustellaan Wikisitaateista. Usein kysyttyjä kysymyksiä löytyy täältä. Lisää kysymyksesi alimmaiseksi ja anna aiheelle otsikko, niin saamme sivun pysymään järjestyksessä ja tulevaisuudessa uudet kysymykset on helppo havaita.
- en: This is the community discussion page.
Requests for the bot flag should be made on this page. This wiki uses the standard bot policy, and allows global bots and automatic approval of certain types of bots. Other bots should apply below, and then request access from a steward if there is no objection.
- 1 Palautus: Tapiola
- 2 Request for comment on Commons: Should Wikimedia support MP4 video?
- 3 Universal Language Selector will be enabled by default again on this wiki by 21 February 2014
- 5 Call for project ideas: funding is available for community experiments
- 6 Language links (interwiki) via Wikidata are coming
- 8 Changes to the default site typography coming soon
- 9 Interwiki links via Wikidata are here!
Mielestäni rekisteröimättömän kirjoittajan Käyttäjä:Ortfan (Ortfan : roskaa|ei sisältänyt ensimmäistäkään sitaattia, vain pomittuja kohtia kirjoista)
pikapoisto aiheesta Tapiola tulisi palauttaa, koska:
- Poisto ei täyttänyt käytännön perusteita pikapoistoon Wikisitaatit:Poistokäytäntö
- Kirjoista poimitut sitaatit ovat sallittuja sitaattikokoelmassa. Sitaateille on lähde
- Lisäksi Tapiolaan viitataan aiheessa Peter Singer.
- Jos viittaat minuun, niin olen kyllä rekisteröitynyt. --Otrfan (keskustelu) 19. tammikuuta 2014 kello 18.07 (UTC)
Request for comment on Commons: Should Wikimedia support MP4 video?[muokkaa]
I apologize for this message being only in English. Please translate it if needed to help your community.
The Wikimedia Foundation's multimedia team seeks community guidance on a proposal to support the MP4 video format. This digital video standard is used widely around the world to record, edit and watch videos on mobile phones, desktop computers and home video devices. It is also known as H.264/MPEG-4 or AVC.
Supporting the MP4 format would make it much easier for our users to view and contribute video on Wikipedia and Wikimedia projects -- and video files could be offered in dual formats on our sites, so we could continue to support current open formats (WebM and Ogg Theora).
However, MP4 is a patent-encumbered format, and using a proprietary format would be a departure from our current practice of only supporting open formats on our sites -- even though the licenses appear to have acceptable legal terms, with only a small fee required.
We would appreciate your guidance on whether or not to support MP4. Our Request for Comments presents views both in favor and against MP4 support, based on opinions we’ve heard in our discussions with community and team members.
All users are welcome to participate, whether you are active on Commons, Wikipedia, other Wikimedia project -- or any site that uses content from our free media repository.
You are also welcome to join tomorrow's Office hours chat on IRC, this Thursday, January 16, at 19:00 UTC, if you would like to discuss this project with our team and other community members.
Universal Language Selector will be enabled by default again on this wiki by 21 February 2014[muokkaa]
On January 21 2014 the MediaWiki extension Universal Language Selector (ULS) was disabled on this wiki. A new preference was added for logged-in users to turn on ULS. This was done to prevent slow loading of pages due to ULS webfonts, a behaviour that had been observed by the Wikimedia Technical Operations team on some wikis.
We are now ready to enable ULS again. The temporary preference to enable ULS will be removed. A new checkbox has been added to the Language Panel to enable/disable font delivery. This will be unchecked by default for this wiki, but can be selected at any time by the users to enable webfonts. This is an interim solution while we improve the feature of webfonts delivery.
Call for project ideas: funding is available for community experiments[muokkaa]
I apologize if this message is not in your language. Please help translate it.
Do you have an idea for a project that could improve your community? Individual Engagement Grants from the Wikimedia Foundation help support individuals and small teams to organize experiments for 6 months. You can get funding to try out your idea for online community organizing, outreach, tool-building, or research to help make Wikisitaatit better. In March, we’re looking for new project proposals.
Examples of past Individual Engagement Grant projects:
- Organizing social media for Chinese Wikipedia ($350 for materials)
- Improving gadgets for Visual Editor ($4500 for developers)
- Coordinating access to reliable sources for Wikipedians ($7500 for project management, consultants and materials)
- Building community and strategy for Wikisource (€10000 for organizing and travel)
Hope to have your participation,
--Siko Bouterse, Head of Individual Engagement Grants, Wikimedia Foundation 28. helmikuuta 2014 kello 19.44 (UTC)
Changes to the default site typography coming soon[muokkaa]
This week, the typography on Wikimedia sites will be updated for all readers and editors who use the default "Vector" skin. This change will involve new serif fonts for some headings, small tweaks to body content fonts, text size, text color, and spacing between elements. The schedule is:
- April 1st: non-Wikipedia projects will see this change live
- April 3rd: Wikipedias will see this change live
This change is very similar to the "Typography Update" Beta Feature that has been available on Wikimedia projects since November 2013. After several rounds of testing and with feedback from the community, this Beta Feature will be disabled and successful aspects enabled in the default site appearance. Users who are logged in may still choose to use another skin, or alter their personal CSS, if they prefer a different appearance. Local common CSS styles will also apply as normal, for issues with local styles and scripts that impact all users.
For more information:
(Sorry for writing in English. I hope someone can translate this for me where needed.)
As previously announced we have just enabled the first part of Wikidata support. This means from now on you can maintain your interwiki links on Wikidata and no longer need to keep them in the wikitext locally. The local links will continue to work and overwrite what is coming from Wikidata. A community member is currently running a bot to take care of the migration where possible so you don't have to do it by hand in most cases.
You can not yet access the other data on Wikidata like the date of birth of a person. This will come in the near future. I will let you know when I have a date for it.
If you have any questions please come to d:Wikidata:Wikiquote. There we have a bunch of helpful people to answer them.
Welcome to the Wikidata family! I'm excited about this first step. More to come. I am looking forward to seeing how this will help you make Wikiquote even better in the future.